Dublin’s newest four-star hotel in prime location
What sets Dublin’s newest 140-bedroom four-star hotel apart from all the rest? It’s unique location on Merrion Road connecting you to the city centre and south county Dublin, ideal for a city break or corporate stay.
Maldron Hotel Merrion Road offers guests the unique opportunity of being right on the edge of the city centre while at the same time perfectly positioned to enjoy the culture of the city’s Embassy District and grandeur of South Dublin’s picture postcard towns and villages.
The luxury hotel, which offers stunning panoramic vistas across Sandymount Strand and Dublin Bay towards Howth Head, is the latest opening from Ireland’s largest hotel operator, Dalata Hotel Group Plc (‘Dalata’). The new hotel is part of a unique mixed-use development constructed by McAleer & Rushe which included the construction of 64 apartments, five townhouses and a basement car park where the hotel has access to 68 car parking spaces offering discounted parking rate for guests.
Commenting on the opening, Dalata CEO Dermot Crowley said “We will have added 1902 rooms to our portfolio in the year to the end of 2022 across prime locations in Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester, Bristol and Dusseldorf. The opening of Maldron Hotel Merrion Road demonstrates our continued commitment to Dublin as a key market for Dalata, and we are delighted to be adding a further 77 new hospitality jobs in the city.
“With sustainability a core focus for the Group, the hotel has been developed with state-of-the-art energy measurement and management systems that allows the team to be fully informed and reactive to ensure a sustainable and environmentally friendly hotel. Across the group, we are happy to report that we have reduced energy consumption per room sold by 17% in Q2 2022 versus Q2 2019”
Adding to its appeal as one of Dublin’s best located hotels, Maldron Hotel Merrion Road is just a short distance from the RDS, home to Leinster Rugby and major events including The Dublin Horseshow and is just three stops on the DART from the Aviva Stadium.
Maldron Hotel Merrion Road, General Manager, Bruno Gorisch said the hotel is a great place for business travellers or for a city break when rest and relaxation is the only item on the agenda.
He said: “It is rare to find a hotel which suits the needs of so many people. We have guests who come for the vibrant and extensive shopping, bar and restaurant scene in Dublin city centre, while others enjoy a tranquil break with walks along Sandymount Strand or enjoy a coffee in one of Monkstown or Blackrock’s many cafés.”
“Whether it’s a dream escape, family break or business trip, a stay at Maldron Hotel Merrion Road provides the perfect combination of a modern well invested hotel and friendly efficient service.”
The seven-storey hotel has a wide selection of bedroom choices, many with stunning sea views, including a number of interconnecting bedrooms, meaning it is perfect for groups of friends and multi-generational family breaks.
The hotel offers a great place to dine, enjoy a drink or sip a coffee with its Grain and Grill Restaurant and Red Bean Roastery.
Here are the top five reasons why Maldron Hotel Merrion Road is the one of the most exciting new hotels in Dublin.
- Dublin’s fair city: Located just 3km from the centre of Dublin, Maldron Hotel Merrion Road is the perfect place for a city break, offering easy access to the capital’s major attractions. With the DART line just 300 metres from the hotel, you can enjoy the best hospitality the city centre has to offer and not worry about the drive home.
- Leafy suburbs: Take the DART in the opposite direction and enjoy stop offs at the village of Blackrock and take in the views across Dublin Bay and Monkstown, home to a myriad of boutiques, restaurants and coffee shops. Stay on track to reach Dun Laoghaire and the National Maritime Museum in the 180-year-old Mariners Church.
- Vitamin sea: Immerse yourself in the bracing waters of the Irish Sea at Ireland’s most famous bathing place, The Forty Foot at Sandycove. Feel the exhilaration and wait for the endorphins to kick in as you take the plunge with this popular wellness activity. Just 7km from the hotel.
- Sports centre: The Aviva Stadium is home to the Irish rugby and soccer teams. Just a short trip on the DART from the hotel, join the crowds this November as Ireland get their Autumn Nations Series underway with games against South Africa, Fiji and Australia and be back in the hotel bar after the game before the players finish their cool down.
- Watch the birdie: Booterstown bird sanctuary, just 500 metres from the hotel, is home to the only salt marsh in south Dublin Bay. With observation points and seats to observe the many visiting species of birds, this is the perfect place to enjoy nature or to simply find some restful solitude and get some sea air.
Visit www.maldronhotelmerrionroad.com and save €10 off every night with Make it Maldron when you book directly online.