2022 marks 100 years since the publication of one of the greatest modern novels, Ulysses by James Joyce.
Acclaimed actor Barry McGovern has celebrated this famous text for over 30 years, reading excerpts from the novel every Bloomsday.
Now, in this centenary year, he takes to the Peacock stage to read the complete book over seven consecutive days, ending on Bloomsday, Thursday 16th June.
Set entirely on one day, 16 June 1904, Ulysses follows Leopold Bloom and Stephen Dedalus as they go about their daily business in Dublin.
Delve into a single chapter or immerse yourself in the complete work of one of literature’s greatest masterpieces.
Tickets are €12 (€10 concession) per session, or you can purchase a bundle ticket for all sessions for €40. Where there is more than one chapter per session, there will be short breaks between each chapter.
- Friday 10th June, 10am – 12.50pm: 10am Telemachus (50 mins), 11am Nestor (35 mins), 12pm Proteus (50 mins)
- Friday 10th June, 2pm – 5.45pm: 2pm Calypso (50 mins), 3pm Lotus Eaters (45 mins), 4pm Hades (75 mins)
- Saturday 11th June, 10am – 1.30pm: 10am Aeolus (75 mins), 12pm Lestrygonians (90 mins)
- Saturday 11th June, 3pm – 4.20pm: Scylla and Charybdis
- Sunday 12th June, 11am – 12.30pm: Wandering Rocks
- Sunday 12th June, 2pm – 3.45pm: Sirens
- Monday 13th June, 10am – 12.20pm: Cyclops
- Monday 13th June, 2pm – 3.50pm: Nausicaa
- Tuesday 14th June, 10am – 12.30pm: Oxen of the Sun
- Tuesday 14th June, 2pm – 4.40pm: Circe (part one)
- Wednesday 15th June, 10am – 12.40pm: Circe (part two)
- Wednesday 15th June, 2pm – 4.20pm: Eumaeus
- Thursday 16th June, 10am – 12.45pm: Ithaca
- Thursday 16th June, 2pm – 4.20pm: Penelope
- Written by: James Joyce
- Read by: Barry McGovern
- Curator: Ray Yeates
- Photography: Ste Murray
- Producer: Melissa Nolan
- Stage Manager: Marella Boschi